Monday, February 15, 2010

Flaky Italian Cheese I Am Looking For A Recipe From Either Italy Or Poland For A Dessert Of Flaky Dough Topped With Honey ?

I am looking for a recipe from either Italy or Poland for a dessert of flaky dough topped with honey ? - flaky italian cheese

My grandmother (was) in Polish in a dessert made with pastry that Suger dusted with powder and drizzled with honey. I do not know if it's baked or fried. My grandfather was Italian, and usually only eat Italian food. My family has a gristal 's (rhymes) on glass. Any help would be very grateful. I was too young to realize that they ask not to stay forever.

3 comments:

kimmeyje... said...

Well, I'm Polish and my stepfather is Italian ... I know that in Italian as S'finges is made in Sicily ... likely to be similar, most things are the same but with a different name depending on the region. These are pieces of fried dough, inflated and honey, sprinkled with powdered sugar, I use to add some cinn. If you think this sounds familiar, you can send me an email and we'll send you the recipe.

ragazzo said...

I think what you may be looking for is for Struffoli.

Here is a link and a photo with the recipe.

http://www.rubyvalley.com/recipes/struff ...

Rich B said...

Greek baklava?

Post a Comment